A 6-hour hike to the turquoise blue Churus Lake from Pahalgam in the upper Kashmir valley. The beautiful trail goes through the pine forest and scattered with wildflowers
- A trek or call it a day hike of 15 km from Pahalgam.
- Easy trek perfect for even newbies of trekking.
- Company of a trek leader during the course of the trek.
From the upper Kashmir Valley, the journey to Churus Lake begins. The path magically transforms itself into a hi-fantasy movie; the sun shines bright, peeping through the pine trees. The narrow brown path had different shades of green grass covered with white, yellow and light purple flowers. The lake is a stunning display of nature’s capabilities. The waters are turquoise blue and in a cauldron surrounded by snow patches feeding the waters of the lake. If ever there was a place that could come close to paradise.
- Your guide for the day trek will come and meet you at your hotel address in Pahalgam by 07:30 AM.
- You will begin your day with a meet and greet and a hike from Pahalgam to Churus Lake.
- First up you will be trekking to Baisarn, which is an upland lush green pasture.
- After a quick break, continue your journey to Dabyan, all along the way from Baisarn to Dabyan you will see Gujjar families (shepherd) residing in their mud houses.
- Dabyan is home to many Gujjar families (shepherd) during warmer months of the year.
- Post Dabyan, you will be hiking to the upper Kashmir valley which is the gateway to the Churus Lake. You will have your lunch in the valley.
- Post lunch, continue on the path from Kashmir Valley to Churus lake which is mesmerizingly beautiful and will enchant you.
- After spending a good part of the afternoon amongst the nature in the beautiful Pahalgam valley, start your journey back to Pahalgam town and end your adventurous day.